Brief History and Organization of the
Williston Area Chamber of Commerce
The predecessor of the Williston Area
Chamber of Commerce was founded on September 10, 1907, as the Williston
Community Club. The general purpose of
the organization was to encourage and
foster the growth and prosperity of the
city and trade area.
Charter members of the Community
Club were E. C. Carney, N.B. Ludowese,
H.C.Delaney, R.M.Calderwood, G.B.
Metzger, L. B. Dochterman, E.N. Disney,
John Bruegger, A.J.Stafne, C. Ellithorpe
and E. C. Greenup. The first full-time secretary-manager
was C. R. Sparks, who was appointed in
The Chamber is registered as a 501 c(6)
organization and is a volunteer, nonprofit
business entity governed by a Board of
There are several standing committees of
the Chamber. Each one supports and works toward one of the strategic
goals set forth by the Chamber’s Board
of Directors. The President and the staff
support the committees and direct the
day to day activities of the Chamber to
meet these goals.
For more information on our chamber and committees, click here.